Click here to go to the home page...
History of St Joseph's



St Josephs was built in 1922 as a memorial to the coloured soldiers from the Transvaal who paid the ultimate sacrifice during the 1914-1918 war. It was  used as  an orphanage from 1923 - ?  1978

(about 4 – 5 lines about those years. Need to check some details  )

 

It  then stood virtually unused until a Synod in 2008 agreed that it should be taken over from COACH at a cost of R4m, renovated and used as a Diocesan Office and Training Centre. Renovations were completed in 2011.